The winner will receive a prize for an essay on an aspect of chronic pain, of not more than 3000 words. The winning entry MUST be presented at the Pain Relief Foundation.
CLOSING DATE 31st August 2018
For further information contact
Brenda Hall Pain Relief Foundation.
Tel: 0151 529 5822 Fax: 0151 529 5821
1. The essay should be 3000 words or less. Essays of more than 3000 words will be disqualified. The judges are looking for a well written, original and interesting essay, rather than a scientific paper.
2. The essay topic must be about an aspect of Chronic Pain.
3. The entry must be word processed and well presented.
4. Please provide a separate title page showing the essay title, your name, your medical school and the word count. On all pages of the essay please put the essay title as a header, and the page number as a footer. Your name, medical school or other identifiers should not appear on any page other than the title page, otherwise we will return the essay to you for modification.
5. Entries must be accompanied by a signed entry form sent by post. Essays received without a signed entry form will be disqualified. We cannot accept entry forms or essays sent by fax.
6. Essays may be submitted as a hard copy by post, or as an Microsoft Word document email attachment sent to email@example.com Please specify on the entry form by ticking the correct box.
7. Both the entry form and the essay must reach the Pain Relief Foundation by 31st August 2017 – late entries cannot be accepted. No allowance will be made for postage or email failure etc. We will notify you when we receive your entry.
8. The competition is only open to medical students studying at a UK Medical School. Only single author entries can be accepted.
9. You must be available to present your essay to the Foundation in November/ December 2017. If the winner is not available to present their essay, then the prize will pass to the next best entrant who is available to present. Reasonable travel and accommodation (one night) expenses, up to a maximum of £150 will be reimbursed by the Foundation, subject to receipts being presented.
10. Members or relatives of staff or associates of the Pain Relief Foundation are not eligible for the competition.
11. Any suspicion of plagiarism will result in disqualification.
12. The judges’ decision is final for all aspects of the competition.